Blog Archive

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Hood print design

I researched photos of wolves which gave me inspiration to carry on with the idea, The main concern was realism with the last drawing and the lack of it, also the shape was out of place and would not of worked in conjunction with the shape of the hood.

Which was when I got the idea that I should manipulate the character of the wolf by having it howling so it would fit to the hood a lot better.



















I added lots of fine detail to give the wolf a strong texture to make it look as realistic as I could.





















I tried adding lots of detail but in my opinion it didn't work very well so I chose not to bother with it and use the original design without the line strokes.




















The next step is to mock it up on a hood to see how it looks and work out the colours it works with best.



No comments:

Post a Comment