Blog Archive

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Front, is a illustration based magazine which focus's on a collaboration between photography and vector illustration as shown in July's 2010 featuring Vikki Blows on the cover, I think that it is really cool to incorporate the theme of the magazine with the cover i.e. this theme was sex and ink, the sex appeal is covered by the model and ink is covered by old school traditional tattoo art, swallows, anchors, hearts and scrolls.

My cover will be based around all hallows eve theme.



















I found some interesting illustrations featured in the magazine, a lot of the dps's focus on incorporating 80/90's legends and illustrating them in a crazy humorous kind of way.













Matthew Skiff is a talented illustrator/ graphic designer who has produced countless products for the magazine, I emailed him earlier today for some feedback on my brief and some tips/ some old themes that I could perhaps incorporate.













A lot of his work seems to be similar to the drop dead full colour brief I previously worked on, although these images seem to be 2 colour screen prints which looks really good.












Big type and incorporation with illustration, I love the way that it all works together as a big puzzle piece rather than a division by the middle of the page.













This is one of front's main illustrators, I really like this idea of working and may produce my 3DPS's based on a theme and labels like so.













Maybe a guide?













The main issue I have with this project is I need clarity and need to knuckle down and set a theme so I know what has to be done.













I love these illustrations as a set and have taken something like this into consideration as it fits my work a lot better than any of the above.













The dps is based on different crazy animals which are a nuisance.













I believe this type of theme would be best to associate my work with, I just need to think of a title in order to complete my brief and crack on with the project.













None of these themes are relevant.













I do not want to do anything based on bands.













And do not want to do something something like this, but I do want to produce something which is related to this time a year, Halloween and Bomb fire night.

No comments:

Post a Comment