Blog Archive

Saturday 21 May 2011

Front cover and inner covers + title

'The "wolf at the door" refers to any danger or predator that seeks to ravage the inhabitants within, ranging from starvation and poverty to physical death'

Pretty much sums up the world of illustration and graphic design.
I wanted a title which was an attention attraction with a deep meaning, the meaning of this is that no matter how good you are or think you are, there is someone better, so you need to fix up and look sharp when it comes to design, you cannot live on the glory of one piece of 'good design' forever, you constantly have to be thinking, whats next!

I chose to use the cover image manipulated in photoshop as the first few pages.

The cover is of Daniel Mumfords wolf illustration which deemed appropriate due to the fact he is a chapter within my book and well, their wolves right!?!

As I printed on LULU it meant I had to choose a template, so I had to shorten the image down to a weird size leaving a stripe at the top. I chose to make the back black and keep main attraction to the front.







No comments:

Post a Comment